Friday, April 6, 2007

Credit where credit is due

Sometimes I stumble on a blog name that piques my interest but when I look I can find no explanation for the name. So for those of you who might be wondering where I got the title for this blog, here's the story:

Before moving to Wellfleet and opening the B&B, I worked in an office in New York City. My plans to make the move weren't a secret, but I had been pretty quiet about my leaving, a lot of our clients had no idea it was imminent. On my second to last day of work one of our long-time clients called to speak to my boss and before I turned her over to him I said to her "In case I don't get another chance to speak to you, I just wanted to say goodbye." She wished me luck and then said "I just don't know how you're going to do it."

"Do what?" I replied.

"Get up in the morning and make muffins for strangers."

And there you have it. It was such a great line I knew I just had to use it somewhere, somehow. So thank you Laura, wherever you are.

No comments: